AITP - Autism Intervention Training Program
AITP - Autism Intervention Training ProgramSciences de la santé
The Autism Intervention Training Program format consist of Core Theory lectures offered online and a hands-on Core Practicum providing 12 days of hands-on training, working closely with autism experts.
Durée du programme
20 weeks including an online training practicum
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to function as a primary worker in the field of educational and community support to people with an autism spectrum disorder.
- Promote the social role of the individual by fostering an environment and an atmosphere that meet their primary and secondary needs and respect their human dignity
- Foster educational, residential, academic, professional and community support
- Apply intervention plans in school, residential and community environments
- Report measurable gains and achievement of objectives
- Create awareness within the community to the needs and living conditions of people with an autism spectrum disorder
- Work with various stakeholders of the education support services network
- Establish meaningful interpersonal relationships with stakeholders from the professional field, people with autism spectrum disorder and their families
- Implement and evaluate, in a residential setting, individualized program plans (IPP)
- Connect with other services, including support services, so that people with an autism spectrum disorder can obtain a coordination of services, information, and other appropriate services
- Participate upon request in the follow-up of intervention plans
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Provide personnal support to the person with an autism spectrum disorder and his or her family
- Demonstrate knowledge in order to ensure effective inclusion in the school and other community setting programs
- A post-secondary diploma related to early childhood education (ECE) or community services or two years of post-secondary studies in a related field
- Any transcript containing adapted level or “Programme de compétences essentielles au marché du travail (PCEMT) ” courses will be subject to additional assessment.
- Applications from individuals 21 years or older who do not have a high school diploma will be subject to additional assessment.
- An individual who has completed mathematics courses prior to the new mathematics paths A, B, and C, should consult the guidance counsellor of the CCNB campus where the program is offered in order to determine eligibility toward the chosen program.
- The “Programme de compétences essentielles (PCE)” is a specific high school path which prepares the student for enrollment in one or several pre-established programs leading to one or more trades.
- The application of an individual who has obtained a high school diploma with courses from the “PCE”, and who wishes to change to another field of training, will be subject to an additional assessment.
Aperçu des matières
- Etiology and Diagnostic Features of Children with ASD
- Typical and Atypical Development: Understanding Autism
- Introduction to ABA and Basics of Behaviour Theory
- Medical Awareness
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Shaping & Differential Reinforcement
- Prompts, Fading & Attending
- Evaluation of Child Progress
- Generalization and Maintenance
- Task Analysis & Chaining
- Visual Supports
- Discrete Trial Instruction
- Incidental Teaching
- Verbal Behaviour Intervention
- Self Help Skills
- Social Skills
- Functional Behaviour Assessment & Functional Analysis
- Behaviour Management
Renseigements additionnels sur la formation
- Please be advised that a criminal record check will be required upon any future employment in this field.
- This program has a 12 days practicum. The online training practicum is given at a strategic time in the program.
- This program has a derogation to passmark. The minimum pass mark in order to succeed is 70% for the theory portion and 80% for the online practicum portion.
Sanction des études
Aussitôt qu'il satisfait à toutes les conditions du programme, l'étudiant se voit décerner a certificate of advanced studies en Autism Intervention Training Program
This program may interest the person who:
- Likes to help people who are struggling to adapt;
- Likes to work as a team while showing autonomy;
- Shows compassion, patience and empathy;
- Demonstrates good communication skills;
- Shows good adaptability skills;
Soins palliatifsCe programme prépare l'étudiant à offrir, avec compassion, un soutien à la personne en fin de vie et à ses proches. L'étudiant qui réussit ce programme est apte à œuvrer au sein d'une équipe interdisciplinaire dont la mission est de soutenir les besoins de la personne recevant des soins palliatifs dans le respect de l'approche holistique.
En savoir plus...
Service de soutien en soins prolongésCe programme prépare l’étudiant à prodiguer les soins à des personnes ayant une perte fonctionnelle du point de vue physique ou mental, tout en mettant en oeuvre les moyens d'optimiser leur autonomie. L’étudiant pourra acquérir les connaissances et les compétences lui permettant d’offrir un soutien compassionnel dans le respect de l'approche holistique.
En savoir plus...